Skilled Attorneys Who Help Clients in the San Francisco Bay Area Obtain Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Responsive support when compensation or treatment is denied
Navigating the California Workers’ Compensation process is complicated and errors may occur when attempted alone. If you are eligible for benefits or your claim is denied or delayed, the Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C. is ready to draw upon years of experience handling cases like yours to help you obtain the coverage you deserve.
Representing injured workers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, our attorneys provide useful advice and steadfast guidance to clients seeking benefits or facing issues with coverage denial or inadequate treatment.
When do you need a Workers’ Compensation attorney in California?
While you are not required to retain legal counsel to obtain your Workers’ Compensation benefits, legal help is valuable in most situations.
If you have a relatively minor injury for which treatment costs are low, encounter no troubles with your claim and are not expected to suffer permanent disability, you may be able to obtain benefits without an attorney’s help.
In other cases, such as if your injury or illness is serious or caused by a third party, you need professional legal guidance to obtain the full benefits you deserve as quickly as possible — especially if an appeal is required. You should consider contacting an attorney in the following instances:
- If your injury or illness is severe, requires surgery or is life-threatening
- If your injury or illness affects your ability to work
- If your claim for workers’ compensation benefits is denied
- If you believe your wage replacement or compensation is less than adequate to cover your medical costs and lost wages
- If you believe you are receiving inadequate medical treatment and need to change physicians or appeal a treatment diagnosis
- If you disagree with a decision made by your employer, the claims administrator or the state workers’ comp agency
You can be more confident in the outcome and focus your energies on your recovery if you have reliable legal counsel by your side to represent you.
What can an Oakland Workers’ Compensation attorney do for you?
Retaining legal counsel ensures that your case is handled accurately and as quickly as possible, giving you some peace of mind as you focus on getting treatment and recovering from your illness or injury.
At the Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C., two of our Workers’ Compensation lawyers, Ian Cooper and Inna Bimits, are recognized by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation Law. Our attorneys are uniquely trained and experienced to respond to your challenges.
Our lawyers provide comprehensive Workers’ Compensation services and can help you with the following:
- Preparing and filing an accurate and complete initial Workers’ Compensation claim
- Responding to any issues you face, including coverage denial, inadequate medical treatment, premature termination of benefits or employer fraud
- Developing thorough medical and disability evidence to support your claim
In addition, we help you carefully prepare for your Workers’ Compensation hearing and are at your side to protect your rights throughout the process.
Seek help from our experienced lawyers when you need Workers’ Compensation benefits
The attorneys of the Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C. in Oakland ably handle workers’ compensation claim issues. We can help you obtain the benefits you deserve. Contact our firm online or call 510.275.4947 to schedule a free initial consultation and to discuss how legal representation could help your case. We maintain flexible office hours, and many of our staff members speak Spanish fluently.