Being in an accident can change your life and that of your family, physically, emotionally and financially. Working with an experienced, knowledgeable team of personal injury and Workers’ Compensation lawyers can make a difference for your future. At the Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C., our diverse, compassionate staff and attorneys are equipped to handle your legal needs following an accident. Although we cannot turn back time and stop the injury or accident from happening, we can help make sure that those who caused the damage are held responsible for their actions. Our team of experienced attorneys handles a variety of cases, including Workers’ Compensation, personal injury and employment discrimination — and we can assist you in English and Spanish.No Matter What Happened, We’re Ready to Assist
The Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C. has been the choice of families throughout Northern California for nearly 40 years. Our focus is on improving the lives of our clients who have suffered an injury. We are accessible and responsive, and we take the time to help you understand your rights and work with you to obtain the maximum compensation and recovery for your injuries.
The attorneys at the firm have successfully handled thousands of lawsuits and claims for clients who need steadfast legal support in cases involving:
- Workers’ Compensation: On-the-job injuries are a unique area of personal injury law in that injuries incurred while working — whether at a job site, in your work vehicle or on company grounds — are usually covered by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. This means you are entitled to a set benefit package and partially paid time off while you recover.
- Personal Injury: The victim of a personal injury may be entitled to monetary compensation and, in some cases, punitive damages. Personal injury is damage suffered psychologically or physically as a result of an accident and includes claims for traffic accidents, workplace accidents, assaults, industrial diseases, and strain and stress injuries. To be able to bring a lawsuit, your personal injury must have occurred due to the negligence or unreasonably unsafe actions of a manufacturer, doctor, landlord or other person or organization that owed you a duty of ordinary care. Our personal injury lawyers can help you as a victim of a personal injury by explaining your rights, ensuring they are safeguarded and fighting to secure appropriate compensation for your injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: A doctor or other healthcare provider may be liable for medical malpractice if the person deviated from accepted standards of practice. To prove malpractice and establish a healthcare provider’s liability, the victim must secure testimony from a medical malpractice expert proving the healthcare provider’s negligence was a cause of injury or death. When tort lawyers and the victim can establish liability, damages are usually awarded. Also, a victim must file a malpractice lawsuit within a certain time period according to the statute of limitations established for medical malpractice claims. A medical malpractice attorney can help a victim secure expert testimony and navigate the numerous procedural issues associated with these claims.
- Products Liability: Products can cause injuries when they are not accompanied by proper warnings or are negligently manufactured. Because many steps are involved in the manufacture, sale and distribution of products, an injury from the product could be the result of one or more causes. Flaws in the way a product is designed, manufactured or marketed lead to many lawsuits. A products liability case may involve strict liability, breach of warranty, negligence, manufacturing and design defects, or failure to warn. A products liability lawyer can help you determine potential defendants and secure expert testimony to support your claims.
- Employment Wage/Hour: Our firm strives to get workers the fair treatment they are entitled to by law.
To learn more about how the Law Offices of John. E. Hill, P.C. can help you and your loved ones, contact our firm at (510) 588-1000. or via our online contact form. We serve clients throughout Northern California in San Francisco, Berkeley, Fremont, Hayward and the entire Bay Area. For your convenience, we maintain flexible office hours, and most members of our staff are fluent in Spanish. Get a free initial consultation with an experienced attorney.
- Car Accident
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Do I Have a Workers’ Compensation Case?
- I Was Injured at Work. Should I Get a Lawyer to Represent Me?
- Issues With My Workers’ Compensation Claim
- Receiving a Settlement for Lost Wages
- Third-Party Lawsuits
- Using a Professional When Filing a Claim
- What Are My Rights?
- What Should I Do After an Injury?
- Workplace Accidents
- Civil Rights
- Employment Litigation