Work-related injuries can leave you in more than just physical and mental pain — they can leave you with an empty wallet and your family struggling, and even end in unemployment. At the Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C., we are dedicated to protecting the rights of injured workers throughout Northern California. With decades of experience in Workers’ Compensation law, our dedicated injury attorneys help thousands of hurt employees and their families who need the benefits California Workers’ Compensation laws provide.
Three of our Oakland workers’ compensation lawyers, Ian Cooper, Inna Bimits and Joanne Helvig are recognized as Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.We Work to Obtain Your Compensation When You Can’t
You might know that employers in California are required to provide Workers’ Compensation insurance coverage for their employees. But are you aware of the specific benefits you may be entitled to receive as an injured worker? Many people are unaware of their rights and eligibility for benefits until meeting with a Workers Compensation lawyer. At the Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C., we work every day to help our clients obtain the full benefits they deserve under California law, including:
- Replacement of lost wages: As an injured worker, whether the injury occurred in an office, retail store, factory, construction sites or elsewhere, you may be able to obtain payments for temporary disability if you cannot work. The amount you can recover is usually two-thirds of your average weekly wages up to a maximum amount that changes yearly. Our workers’ compensation lawyers have the knowledge and experience to assist you in seeking the full amount of disability and workers’ compensation wages possible.
- Medical care: You are entitled to receive all necessary medical care for your injury. However, insurance companies and employers are allowed to pick and choose the doctors and practice groups that you’re permitted to see for treatment. Fortunately, if you’re unhappy with your physician you still have the right to change your doctor — and it’s vitally important to select a doctor who is not only a good practitioner, but also familiar with the technical and legal reporting requirements necessary to obtain swift approval for treatment and payment of disability benefits. At the Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C., we know when and why you can change treating physicians and fight for your right to treatment and other benefits before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
- Permanent disability awards: Many injured workers return to their regular job and also receive “permanent disability” benefits. Permanent disability, in the Workers Compensation realm, means than it is unlikely that you will ever completely recover. From your work injury the greater the severity of the injury, the greater the compensation payments. Our lawyers will work with you to identify important facts that are often overlooked in order to maximize the amount of permanent disability compensation you receive.
- Educational and vocational retraining: If your employer cannot accommodate you with a modified position, you may be entitled to benefits that cover the cost of education and retraining.
If your employer didn’t carry workers’ compensation insurance, which is illegal in California, the personal injury team at the Hill Law Offices is ready to help you bring a claim against the company for the injuries you suffered. We’ll also work to obtain coverage from the Uninsured Employers’ Benefit Trust Fund. In addition, if you were injured by a third party while you were working, you might be able to bring a claim against the person who caused your injury and still seek workers’ compensation.Don’t Delay. Call Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Today!
The Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C. focuses on helping injured workers obtain the benefits they deserve. From our office in Oakland, we serve clients throughout Northern California in San Francisco, Berkeley, Fremont, Hayward and more. We handle most cases on contingency, so you owe nothing unless we win compensation for you. For your convenience, we maintain flexible office hours, and most members of our staff are fluent in Spanish. To schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case with an experienced attorney, contact us today online or call (510) 588-1000.
- Do I Have a Workers’ Compensation Case?
- I Was Injured at Work. Should I Get a Lawyer to Represent Me?
- Issues With My Workers’ Compensation Claim
- Receiving a Settlement for Lost Wages
- Third-Party Lawsuits
- Using a Professional When Filing a Claim
- What Are My Rights?
- What Should I Do After an Injury?
- Workplace Accidents